50th Anniversary of 1968 Civil Rights Commemoration Committee sucht einen Partner für Förderbereich 1
European Remembrance - Commemorations of major historical turning points in recent European history
- To honour the courage all those who took part in the Civil Rights movement.
- To explore the legacy of civil rights through documentation, conferences and other events.
- To reflect on the achievement of civil rights movement as an example of non-violent and peaceful change.
- To commemorate the shared/contested history of civil rights on a cross community basis.
- To examine the civil rights challenges at home, in Europe and abroad today especially racism and sectarianism and the need to build a tolerant and inclusive society throughout the island.
- To support and strengthen the protection of civil/human rights throughout Ireland and to share the lessons of the Northern Ireland Civil Rights movement with people working for human rights in situations of conflict in Europe and internationally.
Role of the Partner Organisation in the Project: To work and collaborate with other organisations in Europe who wish to commemorate civils rights movements and protests 50 years on from 1968.
We are seeking partners to Highlight the importance of civil rights movements in 1968 in transforming our societies.
For more details, please see the attached file.